The algorithm used in the IRIS reasoning engine
are build up on the following theoretical results:
- [ULLMAN] J. D. Ullman. Database and Knowledge Base Systems, vol. I. Chapter 3 (Logic as a Data Model).
- S. Abiteboul, R. Hull, and V. Vianu: Foundations of Databases. Addison Wesley, 1995. – chapters 12,13
- Catriel Beeri, Raghu Ramakrishnan: On the Power of Magic. Journal of Logic Programming, Volume 10, Numbers 1/2/3&4, January 1991,
255-299. bzw. Kurzversion: Catriel Beeri, Raghu Ramakrishnan: On the Power of Magic. PODS 1987: 269-283. http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/beeri87power.html
- Bancilhon, F., Maier, D., Sagiv Y. and Ullman, J. (1986) Magic sets and other strange ways to implement logic programs. In Proc. 5th ACM SIGACT/SIGMOD Symp. on Principles of Database Systems, Cambridge, pp. 1--15. ACM Press, New York. http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=15399&dl=ACM&coll=ACM&CFID=15151515&CFTOKEN=6184618
- Y. Chen, “Magic Sets and Stratified Databases,” Int'l J. Intelligent Systems, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 203-231, 1997 http://io.uwinnipeg.ca/~ychen2/journalpapers/StratifiedDB.pdf
- David B. Kemp, Peter J. Stuckey, "Magic Sets and Bottom-up Evaluation of Well-Founded Models", Logic Programming, Proceedings of the 1991 International Symposium http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/kemp91magic.html
(bottom-up operational procedure for computing well-founded models of allowed DATALOG programs with negation - handling programs that involve unstratified negation in a manner that may be mixed with other evaluation approaches, like seminaive evaluation; classes of programs and sips for which the magic sets transformation preserves well-founded semantics wrt the query - stratified programs, modularly stratified programs (left-to-right sips), programs with three-valued well-founded models (with well-founded sips)).
- Faber W. , Greco G. , Leone N. , " Magic Sets and their Application to Data Integration". Atti del convegno "SEDB2005", Bressanone, Italy, 20-22 giugno, 2005, 2005, pp. 47-54
- presentation about Datalog evaluation procedures-Query-Subquery and Magic Sets: http://members.deri.at/~cristinaf/datalog_intr_qsq_ms.ppt
Query Sub Query
- [Abiteboul, Hull, Vianu] Serge Abiteboul, Richard Hull, Victor Vianu: Foundations of Databases. Addison-Wesley 1995, ISBN (13.2 Top-Down Techniques).